When you shop at a Thrifty Shopper store, you not only get great clothes and save money. You save lives.
Your purchase could mean a meal for a hungry person, a safe bed for someone sleeping outside, a change of clothes, a change of heart.
Don’t just shop. Shop for a greater good. Thank you for supporting the Rescue Mission!
Over the years, the faces and needs have changed and programs have come and gone, but many things have remained the same:
- We address an individual’s basic needs first, knowing those must be met before a person is able to deal with the more difficult issues of life. We all need food, clothing, shelter and hope.
- We believe that God is the source of real life change.
- We treat people with dignity and respect because they are all made in God’s image.
- Our goal is to assist people in becoming as independent as possible. While independence will look differently depending on the person, for many it will involve permanent housing, employment, family reconciliation and freedom from addiction.
- By helping an individual, we also help a family and ultimately our entire community.
- We depend on the involvement and resources of a caring community for all of the services we provide.