The Advocacy Center (formerly the Task Force For Battered Women/ Child Sexual Abuse Project) has provided support, advocacy and education for survivors of domestic violence since 1977, survivors of child sexual abuse since 1982 and survivors of adult sexual assault since 2003.
We offer services for:
- Children and teens who have been sexually abused, sexually harassed or raped
- Adults who have been sexually assaulted, raped or harassed
- Adult survivors of child sexual abuse
- Adults who have been physically, emotionally or sexually abused or stalked by an intimate partner
- Teenagers who have experienced dating violence or have been stalked
- Family and friends of a youth or adult who has experienced sexual abuse, sexual harassment or rape
- Family and friends of adults and teenagers who have experienced domestic violence
- Community members and professionals concerned about a youth or adult survivor of sexual abuse or assault
- Community members and professionals concerned about a youth or adult who has experienced domestic violence
Our services include:
24 hour hotline; crisis intervention; emotional support; shelter; support groups; empowerment classes; accompaniment to services such as hospital, police, court proceedings or social services; legal advocacy help with orders of protection; safety planning; therapy services and referral; Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program at Cayuga Medical Center; assistance applying for NYS Office of Victim Services compensation; information and referral; Prevention education; and community lending library.
All services are free and confidential.